Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Fuming about coffee...I roast my own coffee beans, grind them as needed and I do believe that I can make a fairly decent cup of fresh coffee be it from a drip machine or a French Press (plunger). Espresso and Cappucino...this is a different level of coffee making for me although I have made lackluster attempts, but I guess what I really need is a good quality machine and of course, THE PROPER TRAINING. This is a photo of what a perfect cappucino should be! Made with coffee with a thick crema and topped with a DENSE froth of milk. I am appalled at how a lot of coffee bars (including foreign franchises!) here try to pass-off a cup of watery coffee and soap bubble froth as Cappuccino. I know that in some countries, you cannot be a Barista without the proper training and certificate. I wonder if the people behind our coffee counters here even know what it takes to make good coffee or even what it should taste like. I don't think making a good cup of coffee is difficult, you just have to KNOW how to make it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you roast your own beans?! Where do you get them? I'm a coffee freak myself!

By the way I hope you don't mind me dropping by, found your blog through Market Man.

Anonymous said...

Hi!

You mentioned you roast your own coffee. Where do you get the green coffee beans? I was gifted with a coffee roaster and a small bag of coffee beans to roast. We've obviously consumed everything already and I'm now looking for more beans to roast. I actually enjoyed the process of roasting and would like to try other flavors.

MJM

Loney Kitchen said...

I buy my green beans from our local market here in the province. I have no idea where to get them in Manila though. Sorry, I wish I could be of more help.