Wednesday, June 08, 2005


Pitik-Pitik on Betel Leaves........My first adventure into Thai food first begun at Flavours & Spices, and since then I have never looked back. The taste and aroma of food from this country of gentle people has always lingered in my memory bank right next to my Adobo experiences. At one occasion, I had the chance to dine at Martin Boetz' restaurant, Longrain ( Sydney) and I was just plain blown-off by the experience that I just had to order a dish to go and hand carried it over land, sea and air for about 8 hours. This is a starter that I made with Pitik-pitik ( Poor man's lobster ) during one of those moments when I just had to have Thai food. You spoon the filling onto these Betel leaves ( yup, the one's your "labandera" used to wrap their "nga-nga's" in), roll it up and savour. This may not do justice to Chef Boetz, but the mere scent of all the herbs and spices while preparing this brought me back to that cold winter day in Surry Hills.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.